Below are the date of some Key event and milestones for Friday Hill TMO
1995 - 1998 - Resident group formed and set out on a journey to Manage there own properties
July 1998 - Resident voted in favour of a Tenant Management Organisation. (71% turnout and 81% in favour)
2nd November 1998 - FHTMO opened and started to provide the Housing Service.
1999 - Friday Hill TMO formed a charity called Friday Hill Community Assocation to run it's community events
December 2002 - Took over the Management of 250 properties in Chingford Hatch and Higham Park (72% turnout and 86% in favour)
August 2006 - FHTMO was awarded Investor in People
February 2007 - FHTMO was awarded the Kite Mark for Good Governance
June 2011 - FHTMO was awarded the Kite Mark for Good Governance
28th July 2018 - Celbration of 20 years of Housing Management
Chingford Mount comprehensive range of shops easily reached by bus 357 from the Hatch.
- Station Road smaller range of village type shops plus supermarkets and chemistreached by 212 from the Hatch
- Hatch Shops small range of local shops including bakers, greengrocers, and smallsupermarket in walking distance.
- Highams Park small range of local shops by Highams Parkstation including Budgen supermarket, bakers, chemist and newsagents.
- Superstores there is a Sainsburys superstore(bus 357 before the Billet) and a Morrisons Supermarket along the same road.
There are main post offices at Station Road and a sub post office at the Mount, Hatch Lane and The Avenue Highams Park.
- UNDERGROUND the nearest underground station is at WalthamstowCentral (Victoria Line). Reached by Bus 357 from the Hatch or 212 from Highams Park. The nearest central line stationis at South Woodford or Woodford, reached bybus 179 from Chingford Station.
- BRITISH RAIL There is a BR station at Chingford and Highams Parkwhich goes to Liverpool Street(City).
- BUSES run from the Hatch to WhippsCross Hospitalin Leytonstone (via the Mount and Walthamstow) and to Chingford Station, North Chingford. From Chingford Station buses run toIlford, Enfield,Woodford and Waltham Abbey. Buses run from the Mount to Loughton and Harlow.
Chingford Health Centre, 109 YorkRoad E4
020 8529 8655
Handsworth Avenue Health Centre, Handsworth Avenue
020 8527 0021
Churchill Medical Centre 1 Churchill Terrace
020 8430 7020
Dr Kumar, 1 Larkshall Road,E4
020 8524 6355
Dr Dubinski, 1 Garfield Road. E4
020 8529 1258
Chingford Mount Dental Practice, 35 Hall Lane E4
Chingford Dental Practice, 66 Station Road, E4
020 8524 8433
ML Evans 252a Chingford Mount Road E4
020 8529 1587
- Handsworth Nursery, Handsworth Avenue E4
- Longshaw Nursery, Longshaw Road E4
- Whitehall Nursery, Normanton Park E4
- Handsworth Primary, Handsworth Avenue E4
- Longshaw Primary, Longshaw Road E4
- Whitehall Primary, Normanton Park E4
- Heathcote Secondary School, Normanton Park E4
- Highams Park School, Handsworth Avenue E4
For more information contact the Education Department on 020 8496 3000