In August 1994 the tenants on the Friday Hill Estate formed a committee to set up a Tenant Management Organisation (TMO). This was because they wanted to take over management responsibility for their homes (under the Right to Manage). They were successful and from the 2nd November 1998 the Friday Hill TMO provided the Housing Management Function on behalf of the Housing department of London Borough of Waltham Forest.
We provide the following Services :-
- Repairs:- Day to day general repairs are dealt with
- Rent Enquiries:- Any queries to do with your rent or housing benefit
- Allocations & Void Management:– we ensure that all
- Housing Management:- all issues regarding council tenancies
- Caretaking and Grounds Maintenance :- Following this function being carried out by external contractors for 5 years the Service returned in-house in January 2018 and is now managed directly by FHTMO.
Most people are interested in where they live and what’s going on around them. Anyone can attend the monthly TMO meetings, please phone the office for dates. Your views are important to us and will be taken on board.
From time to time we ask your opinion about how we deal with things. This normally takes the form of a survey or questionnaire. Please respond to these as we do value your opinions.
The Friday Hill Tenant Management Organisation (FHTMO) provides housing management services to 1000 homes on the Friday Hill Estate in Chingford, North London.
FHTMO also run several commuinty events in the year such as Open Days, Monthly Coffee Morning, Friday Hill in Bloom and summer trips to the seaside.